The mission of the San Lorenzo High School Counseling Department is to provide a comprehensive program which supports academic achievement; opportunities and support for personal/social/emotional growth, and to provide guidance and resources for college and career planning. As counselors, we are advocates for all students to reach their highest potential. We collaborate with other educators, parents, and members of our community to assist all students to become successful members of the 21st century society.
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am -3:15 pm
Appointments are recommended for parent meetings or individual student one-on-ones. Crisis counseling does not require an appointment.
Katie Koch (Watrous)
Bay Area Digital Arts (B.A.D.A.) Counselor
Serving students with the last names A-Gom
Law, Leadership and Culture (L.L.C.) Counselor
Serving students with the last names Gon-O
Green Engineering and Technology (G.E.T.) Counselor
Serving students with the last names P-Z
When discussing personal matters, beyond the scope of academics, the information between a student and a counselor is confidential. Exceptions to when counselors will share the information about a student with someone else are as follows:
- If the student asks the counselor or if the student and the counselor agree to tell someone else
- If the counselor believes the student is in some danger from others or that the student presents a danger to others or self
Office Manager - Yvette Olivas 510.317.3134
Registrar - Elizabeth Rodrigues 510.317.3131
- This office maintains all report cards and cumulative records.
- This office also handles homework requests, weekly progress report distribution, and fulfills transcript requests.
- College materials (such as SAT and ACT registration packets/info) are distributed from this office.