GREEN Engineering & Technology
GREEN Engineering & Technology is a small learning community at San Lorenzo High School dedicated to preparing students for the growing industry of Green Employment (now one of the fastest growing job opportunities in the state)!
Pre-Academy, 9th Grade:
- All students will be together in their English and Conceptual Physics classes.
- Pre Academy Course- Healthy Living: students evaluate their own personal choices and how to make their own habits greener. In addition, they learn technology skills that will help them be successful in this technological world.
10th grade Academy:
- All students will be together in their World History and English classes.
- Academy Course: "Environmental Leadership in Action," in which students become advocates for change in their school and local community
- Students work on service projects and in the School Farm, Nursery, and Native Plant Garden.
- All students will be together in U.S. History and English.
- Academy Course - Urban Design:In this class, students will learn about the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Public Health, Green Business and Transportation/Urban Planning.
- All students will be together in Government/Economics and English.
- Academy Course - Environmental Science: In this class, students learn through hands-on lab science that explores the many complex interactions that drive the world’s environment, and how humans are affected by and altering those interactions.