The mission of San Lorenzo High School is to challenge students to reach their highest level of academic achievement, to provide opportunities and support for social and emotional growth, and to build connections to future education, assisting them to become successful members of the 21st century society.
School-wide Learning Outcomes
San Lorenzo High School provides a learning environment that fosters:
Creative and critical thinkers who...
- Use a variety of strategies to complete academic projects both independently and collaboratively
- Appreciate excellence and originality in their own and others' work
- Exhibit an interest in learning for personal enjoyment, and plan for future of lifelong learning
Socially responsible citizens who...
- Demonstrate respect for diverse culture, languages, lifestyle, and opinions
- Exhibit a sound sense of personal responsibility, including managing time and resources effectively
- Identify and choose ethical courses of action
- Understanding the rights and responsibilities of belonging to a community and a society
Technologically competent users who...
- Learn and apply a variety of current and emerging technologies
- Prepare for the future in a technologically changing society
Academically proficient learners who...
- Read critically and efficiently across all disciplines
- Communicate effectively through writing, speaking, and listening in both planned and impromptu situation
- Apply mathematical concepts and operations to solve problems
SLz Alma Mater
We Hail thee, San Lorenzo
As here we stand so proud
We are the Mighty Rebels
With Spirit we're endowed,
Hail to thee our youthful dreams
Our standards never fail
We stand together one and all
Hail, Hail, Hail!